Friday, May 3, 2013

WHY a secret?

After sharing our heartbreaking loss last year with so many, we felt it best to keep this little one a secret as best as possible. Clearly, those who see me on a regular basis found out - but other than that, we have kept it to ourselves.

It has been a long and painful journey, and frankly, keeping our thoughts, feelings and emotions to ourselves we felt was best. It's hard to share and discuss these things on a regular basis (as I'm sure everyone can imagine), all while keeping a 'normal life' for our two oldest children.

I have blogged the entire pregnancy, some months more than others, and I'm sure there will be more in the future. As I have learned there is not a whole lot of support for those who have lost babies thru stillbirth, and an even smaller support group for those who are expecting after a stillbirth. My hope and prayer is that thru some of my words other mothers will be encouraged as they walk the path we have just walked. (Walking makes it sounds so easy - maybe I should say crawled, climbed and cried my way thru).

No comments:

Post a Comment