This morning we headed to the Dr's for our 5 month ultrasound. We had scheduled and rescheduled several times due to mismatched schedules, and we had finally settled on Monday, March 19th. Eager to see our third baby, we all toted off to the appointment, boys in tow.
For weeks Dan and I had discussed finding out the gender of our third little one. We found out at this point with each of the boys, and I was excited at the thought of the suprise of our last child. Dan thought we should find out, but was willing to humor me in my desire for a suprise.
As we walked into the ultrasound room my main thought was, "I don't want to accidentally 'see' the gender of our third." Dan and I both clearly saw that our first two were boys without anyone telling us. So as soon as we walked in I let her know that we did not want to know the gender.
The boys got situated in their seats, and the ultrasound tech started. As the images appeared, I halfway covered my eyes from the screen in front of me, but peaked at the tech's screen to my right. We immediately saw the baby and he was all curled up. I remember thinking, "Well, we won't be able to find out the gender anyway as this one is determined to be different than his two older brothers."
As Dan pointed out the baby on the screen to the boys, he made the comment, "Now we should hear the heartbeat." As soon as he said that, he saw the look in the tech's face and she shook her head no.
And from that point on, life would never be the same.
The rest of the appointment is a blur for both of us. We remember another tech. coming in for a second opinion, and I vaguely remember Dan telling the boys that their baby brother was in heaven.
We were walked back to my Dr's office where she walked us thru what the next several days would consist of: a trip to the hospital, the delivery of our 3rd son, and a whole list of decisions we were going to have to make. Life was forever changed.
Oh my sweet friend, tears are running down my face... I am just so sorry that your family is walking through this right now. So thankful though that your faith in God is strong. We continue to pray for you!
ReplyDelete