Saturday, March 31, 2012

Steamboat Springs


Our Spring Break trip this year was back to Steamboat Springs. Dan had a business trip there and the boys and I never hesitate tagging along with him to one of our favorite cities. It had been just over a year since Dan and I had gone for my birthday, and one and a half since the boys and I first discovered this incredible little city.

We debated several times on putting the boys in ski school, but seeing as it was the end of the season - we opted to wait yet another year to start the boys' life-long love of skiing. (We have no doubt they'll love it from the first time we strap the skis on.)

Last year for my birthday Dan introduced me to snowmobiling. I was in love immediately, and we opted for a family snow activity this year. Having just lost Caleb the week previous, we were all eager for a little family fun together.

We signed up for the first tour out Thursday morning, and we were so fortunate. It snowed an inch the morning of our tour - the first snow in 3 weeks! Because we chose the early morning tour, we were also lucky to be the only ones on the tour! We were able to do more snowmobiling in our 2 hours with the boys, than Dan and I did in the entire 4 hour tour last year. It was amazing, and the boys had a blast.

Much like our trip last year, I was struck by the beauty of God's creation. Which, after the loss of Caleb was a true gift. A gift to be in a place where I felt so near to the creator of life, of me, and each of my children. A gift to drive fast thru the freshly ladden snow, to be lost in my thoughts, and feel the arms of my youngest wrapped tightly around me and listen to his squeals of delight.








No comments:

Post a Comment