Monday, May 20, 2013

Nursery

The Nursery. Here it is, in all it's glory! I can honestly say that upon it's completion I sat and cried. They were tears of joy, tears of sorrow, tears of hope that our new little baby would see this room. This is the room I had envisioned since we first learned that baby number four was a girl. You can take a peek at a late night post/prayer here. It is exactly how I envisioned it each night as I sat and prayed for our unborn child. To see this dream become a reality was emotionally overwhelming (especially being 9 mos. pregnant). 


We have always waited to name our children upon their arrival. For me, there has never been a name
 that I was so in love with, that it didn't matter what the child looked like. I always felt as though I needed
 to see them before I could officially name them. Plus, with finding out the gender beforehand, I wanted 
some sort of element of surprise for friends and family (and myself). 

With Nathan we arrived at the hospital with a list of ten names. Nathan wasn't on that list and came out of thin air! With Andrew (Drew), we knew we always loved that name, and when he came out he looked like an old man already - so it was perfect! For Caleb, we had originally picked the boy name Luke. Sitting in the hospital waiting to deliver him Dan so graciously offered to name him Caleb (a name I have asked for both times we found out we were having boys). We both had a great laugh over it, despite the circumstances. And, well, for Miss Kylin, it was the only name on the list. When my sister mentioned it at Christmastime Dan and I both really liked it and it's Irish meaning, "new beginning." Not only would she be a new chapter of our story, and the first Hacker girl, but also the icing on the cake of our little family! 


The first time Kylin was placed in her crib to sleep (at several weeks old), I laid her down and she smiled. It was perfect, she was perfect, the nursery was perfect, and I sobbed. Then proceeded to grab the camera. I had to capture this moment of an answered prayer!


No comments:

Post a Comment