Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dear Baby Girl

Dear Baby Girl,
   Each night after I tuck your brothers into bed, I stop by your room to ponder and pray. I glance at the wall where your crib will be, the little playroom where I dream your cottage will be painted, and at the little sweet pink clothes hanging in your closet.
   Since we lost your brother, I cannot help but pray that you too, will see what I see: the white crib with lavendar walls, the cottage painted on the playroom complete with a kitchen, and all of the cute girl things I have saved up for you. While I know you are already mine, I most importantly know that you are His. And if He so chooses, my time with you may be short.
  So today I will choose to hold you as much as I can. I will treasure each kick, nudge, and hiccup I feel. I will relish in the knowledge that your little heart is beating and hope that these dreams I dream each night will come true.
  I will pray that you remain safe inside my womb, and that you will come out screaming and kicking announcing your arrival to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment