The year we moved from Florida to Colorado I made Dan promise me he would take me to the ocean at least once every year. I am a water girl, and leaving the oceans of Florida for the dry deslote mountains of Colorado has never been very appealing to me. It wasn't when I was 16, and it surely wasn't when I was 30.
When I made that statement to Dan three years ago, I knew that I was setting him up for failure and heartbreak for myself. I knew it, but I had to say it. I needed him to understand at the time what a difficult move it was for me at the time.
Three years later, a few more kids and a new house....and he has kept his promise. I know, I shouldn't be shocked. This man continually surprises me and always sticks to his word (and that's not a word we use very frequently in our house). So, here we are in 2013, at the beach in Virginia, with a four week old.
| The boys never tire of jumping in the waves! |
| Five week old Kylin snoozing on the beach. |
No comments:
Post a Comment