The boys had the cabinet built in no time flat, but the process of painting it became the real chore! of course, I had picked a fabulous red color - which I love, but required almost 3 coats of paint! Instead of a manicure to paint our fingernails, Beth and I painted the cabinet instead. I'm sure it took Beth a good week to get all of that paint off of the various places on her body it was. I know it took me at least that long!
One other job that I totally miscalculated was the making of the curtains, and re-upholstering the chair. I had bought the fabric prior to their arrival, and figured my Roman Shades would be an easy 1 day project. I have watched Peg whip up many a curtain in an hours time, so I was suprised when it took us almost the whole week to complete all of the curtains. Of course, a sick child interfered with our progress - as Drew would only allow me to hold and care for him (which I didn't mind). I take any chance I get to snuggle and love on my boys knowing that all too soon that will no longer be an option!
The curtains turned out fabulous, and are just what is needed in that room to block out the setting sun each afternoon! The chair, which Peg re-upholstered in one night, is amazing! The chair makes the room and was a great find at a garage sale last year. While I don't think I'll ever tackle that job by myself, I am thankful for a MIL that can help! (Or in this case, complete it herself)
No comments:
Post a Comment