Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Aug. 8th

 
When I learned that Caleb's due date was in August, I was partially sad because in August we tend to go fishing a lot. We headed to the reservoir last August for the first time and I have such fond memories of quiet afternoons fishing with my boys. Knowing that I would not be in an condition to hike for an hour to the lake, especially toting a newborn, I knew our Aug. fishing trips would have to wait till the following year.
 
As my due date approached, we knew we needed to spend a family day together. We tossed around the idea of bowling, or a day date to Denver, but someone just sitting in a chair by the lake seemed the most appealing for this much dreaded day.
 
We had a peaceful day by the lake, and shed a few tears as we thought about life without our third child. It wasn't a dreadful day, nor nearly as depressing as we thought it might be. Instead, it was a celebration of the family we currently have, and will one day meet face to face.



No comments:

Post a Comment