Friday, November 16, 2012

First Glimpse

While today wasn't our first glimpe of baby number 4, it was however the name of the ultrasound place where we went to find out the gender of baby number 4. Technically, it was my third glimpse of baby, but the best one we have had so far. The previous viewings haven't been very good, which I was actually ok with. I really just want to hear that heartbeat each and everytime we walk in to a Dr's apt.

To say Dan and I were nervous, is an understatement. We were nervous for a multitude of reasons, he fearful of a girl, and me fearful of another boy - and overriding those pesky little fears - the fear that there would be no heartbeat.

As the ultrasound begin, the tech showed us immediately that the umbilical cord was between the legs. Oh great, I thought, we won't get to see anything today and all the worrying got me no where! Then, on top of that, the legs were crossed. I couldn't believe it!

Since she had to search for it and probe around, we did get to see lots of pics of the baby though. To see that precious image was priceless, and to hear that heartbeat a miracle. A true miracle. It definitely helped pull things into perspective genderwise. It didn't matter what gender. There was a healthy baby in there with two legs, two arms, and 5 fingers on each hand. We could see the heartbeat beating, and watch the umbilical cord pulse as nutrients were being passed from me to her.  I couldn't ask for anything more.

About that time, the tech did say she was pretty sure she knew what it was. And proceeded to point out 3 lines, or a hamburger bun (as opposed to a hot dog). It is a GIRL!! I am sure my smile was from ear to ear. I couldn't even cry I was so happy! I never thought it was possible.

She then proceeded to spend the next several minutes confirming it was a girl, and showed us multiple views where it proved baby number 4 was a girl. She could tell Dan was in shock, and kept repeating herself, as well as typing it on the screen. Towards the end of the appointment, she even switched over to 3D/4D to see if we could get a better profile picture. SHE wasn't cooperating very well, and was sound asleep next to the placenta. (Can you still tell I'm in shock over typing SHE?)

Here our some of our pictures of our baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment