36 Weeks and I am officially DONE with this pregnancy, or so I would like to think! I know all pregnant women get to this point, and I can imagine even adoptive moms reach the point where they are ready to hold that little one in their arms and put the pain of pregnancy (albiet physical or paperwork) behind them. For me that point is now!
Physically I hurt, I am tired, I can no longer sleep, and everyday tasks such as cleaning the floors, might as well be compared to climbing Mt. Everest at this point. My husband has graciously told me this enture pregnancy that "I am with child, not fat." Well, we can officially say I have reached the great with child phase! The floors will have to wait for several more weeks until this little one arrives and my energy and desire for clean floors overtakes me. Or, until my loving husband steps up to the challenge, which will most likely be the case. I am so thankful for him, and his desire for a clean and orderly house that matches mine. I don't ever have to hint or suggest, or ever ask for him to help with these chores, he just knows. And I love him so dearly for that!
Emotionally I am a wreck. I am typically an even keeled person. It takes quite a bit to fluster or frustrated or upset me....until this week. I really don't enjoy this emotional roller coaster my hormones are taking me one. I knew I was slightly crazy experiencing this pregnancy after losing Caleb a year ago, but now, I am officially over the top nutso! My emotions seem to change faster than the Colorado weather - which is a monumental feat! Rain, snow, sleet, and 70 degrees all in the same day? Yep, we have that covered. Rage, anger, frustration, tears, and then laughter all in the same hour - CHECK!
As much as I would LOVE to hold my little girl now, as many fears as that would erase for me in these last few weeks of pregnancy, I wouldn't change it for the world.
Not only is this our last pregnancy, and I'm trying, oh so desperately trying to savor every kick and uncomfortable moment, but I have wanted the boys to feel her move. Tonight they did and it was priceless. The look on their faces was unbelievable, one that I will never forget. It was as if they realized that someone was really in there. This was really happening. They were both so excited and I pray that they never forget it.
No comments:
Post a Comment