Twas the night before our ultrasound, and not many creatures were stirring....except for mommy. Daddy is out of town, all kids are tucked in their beds (puppy too), and mommy can't sleep.
I would predict this is a normal routine for expecting mommies around the world. There is a sense of mystery and wonder. A hopeful expectation of what's to come....will it be a boy? will it be a girl?
There are few of us who cannot hope, or should I say fear to hope that the only information given tomorrow of any significance will be the gender. Previous expereience has robbed us of our naivety, and our joyful longing of knowing the gender. Previous experience has us gripped with fear that the picture on the screen will be mis shapen or without a heartbeat. We wonder if we will leave the room heartbroken yet again.
There are a few things I do know from previous experience though:
I know that I have gotten the worst news possible while laying on that table anxiously waiting to hear the heartbeat. I know that while I am shaken to my core in those moments of utter grief, God is strong. I know that He will be there with me (us), and I know without a shadow of a doubt that there is nothing that the ultrasound tech will reveal that my God doesn't already know.
Girded with some of these truths, we'll walk thru the door tomorrow with the hope and joy, and heart- thumping anticipation of hearing a heartbeat and learning the gender of our fourth baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment