Monday, April 5, 2010

Strawberries!!


For the last several years I have been wanting to take the kids to pick strawberries. It is a fond childhood memory of mine, and I was so excited for the boys to be at the right age to take them! The last three years we have not gone to pick strawberries due to Drew being so young, so we have attended the Plant City Strawberry Festival (another fond childhood memory). After some not so memorable moments with the kids at the festival, I had promised Dan that we would not return. SO, this year was the year to pick our own!

One of the first weekends Dan was out of town, and the weekend before Spring Break for the kids I received an email from the Farms stating that they would have a Family Fun Saturday complete with Elephant Rides, Hay rides, Zip lines, and homemade strawberry milkshakes! I was so excited to take the kids, and prayed earnestly that we would indeed have a fun day!

The kids did surprisingly well helping me pick strawberries. We were able to fill our box and tummies in no time flat! Nathan did quite well picking out the ripe ones and putting them in the box, while Drew just sat there and ate them. As you can tell from the picture below, he also found several to 'sit in'. His little red smooshed tooshie was just too cute!



After filling our box we enjoyed a tasty homemade milkshake, a hayride, and the zip lines! I was shocked at how well the boys did on the zip line, and loved watching them zip down them!
Of course, the best part of strawberry picking, is getting to eat all of the delicious strawberry recipes! Our family favorite is Strawberry Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment