One of the top places we had on our Fla list, was to visit the Starlings in Mulberry. The boys have always loved going there, as have I, and it had been well over a year since we'd had a good day in the country with them!
I say in the country, because they live exactly there - out in the country. The boys can wander around and play in the garden, swim in the pool, drive the golf cart - and just be boys! They can't possibly get into trouble with just about anything they do or discover, which leaves me to sit and relax with Grammy Sharon.
Sharon has been my second mother for all of my life, and Carrol, a second Poppa! They are the dearest, sweetest, and best people to Dan and I. We love them to pieces and they have stood with us thru the storms we've faced since we've been married ( and with me even before that). It is such a blessing to now have them been able to influence our boys.
It was a hoot to watch Carrol with the boys. They laugh and played, and he teased them endlessly!
The boys loved their little dog, lil' bit, and had a wonderful time playing with him. He followed them around the entire day, and loved to cuddle up to Drew, especially. Nathan loved to play fetch with him, and have him jump up on him. It was so sweet to see them play with him.
All the while, I got spoiled being able to have some good girl time with Aunt Sharon! It was nice to be able to just sit and chat - as if we lived just down the road from each other again. It was as if no time had passed at all since we last saw each other. Completely, and utterly priceless is that woman! She can take one look at me and know what I need to hear, or can tell from just the sound of my voice what's truly going on in my heart. I love her, and was so thankful to be able to spend a good two days with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment