Both Drew and Nathan are really into eyes these days. At least once a day they'll stop and comment on how their eyes are like mine, or like daddy's.
Drew and Dan both have blue eyes, and Nathan and I both have brown. I have always been a fan of blue eyes, and was thrilled that Drew's have stayed blue since birth.
Having brown eyes would have not ever been my first choice. In fact, for years I have prayed for the failure of my eyes so that I could wear contact lenses and change my eyes to blue. I got a dose of that several years ago, and tried to wear contacts and quickly found that they really weren't worth it.
As Nathan has gotten older his eyes have changed into a beautiful hazel color, and I love them!! They are just so beautiful and have incredible specs of green and yellow throughout them. Glancing into his eyes has allowed me the perspective of my parents - who constantly told me what beautiful brown eyes I had. I laugh now as I always thought they were taking pity on me - and just telling me how pretty they were. Now I understand fully! What a wonderful perspective parenting has given me.
No comments:
Post a Comment