Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fire Station


This week I was able to go on a field trip with Nathan to the Fire Station. Since he started Kindergarten over two months ago, I have been searching for ways to spend individual time with him. My days are now filled with giving Drew attention, and I have definitely missed my specials Mommy Nathan time. Today was IT. Our time to be together, and for him to show me around his school/class, and his friends. Drew would spend the morning with Daddy, and Nathan would get Mommy all to himself. It was a lot of fun, and something special for just the two of us to do. It also provided me with some insights about how Nathan does in school, and who his friends are. I was beyond thrilled for our date, and had it marked on the family calendar weeks in advance.

As soon as the fireman started asking the questions Nathan had all of the answers.He was so eager and cute to answer them, and for the most part they were correct.



We were able to tour all parts of the firestation, sit in the firetruck, ask lots of questions, and they even got to practice their stop, drop, and roll in the fireman's bedroom! They had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment