Friday, August 28, 2009

Sea World with Aunt Stephanie and Addison

We were so thrilled to be able to take Addison to see Shamu for the first time. Because her daddy wasn't able to come down with her, Stephanie didn't want to steal the experience of Disney World for the first time from him, so we opted for Sea World. Despite the heat, we had a great time. Elmo was showing in the theater, and we enjoyed the cool AC after walking the parking lot! All three children loved seeing Elmo, and especially loved taking their picture with him after the show. Addison especially loved Elmo, and had a difficult time waiting her turn to see him. She couldn't wait to get up there and see him. It was too cute! Drew, on the other hand, was quite skeptical of the big red, fuzzy creature called Elmo. He preferred the comfort and safety of my arms. After Elmo, we were able to make the Shamu show. All children were in awe of Shamu, even though my two have seen him countless times. Somehow they never tire of the large black and white whale, and I don't think I'll ever tire of watching their excitement of it all. I spent more time watching the kids faces, and their expressions than I do the show. If only the pictures I take could capture the emotion of the moment - the thrill and giggles as they watch the show - oh how sweet it is! For that, I can endure the heat, the tantrums it took to get there, and the pure exhaustion that the day will hold.
After sitting still for two shows and the ride in the stroller, the kids were ready to play. We played for a while in the kiddy section and when we all were soaking wet with sweat, we headed to get a nice cool treat! Unfortunately, I wasn't aware that only a few places sold the frozen lemonades, so we ended up walking half of the park to find it.

By this time we were all worn out, and ready for naps (mommies included), so we headed back to the truck. If you've ever taken 3 under 3 to a park before you will understand the chaois that takes place in just loading them in and out of the car, and into strollers. I base the next paragraph on that - Chaos!

As we were heading back to the truck, it dawned on me that I wasn't sure exactly where we parked. I remember seeing the letter "D" somewhere, and I knew we parked in that general vicinity, but I wasn't for sure. As we began our treck into the parking lot, I noticed there were several large "D" signs.....so we just kept walking, and walking, and walking. After a while Stephanie caught on to the fact that I wasn't sure where the truck was. It was at that point I did something I swore I'd never do - I set off the car alarm as a means to find the truck. While the car alarm has been set off on many occasion due to little fingers, I have never had to do it because I didn't know where my vehicle was. I typically have a great sense of direction, and unlike many women, I don't like to ask for directions. I typically find my way to the destination, we may just be taking the scenic route. Today, however, I broke down. I blame the kids, the heat and pure mommy exhaustion!

As if we hadn't had enough Shamu for one day, we took the kids back later that evening for the Shamu Afterdark Show! They had all taken great naps, so at 6pm we loaded back up, with help from Dan, and headed back to Sea World. We had dinner under their new roller coaster, Manta, and made it just in time for Shamu Rocks, the night Shamu show. The combination of the lights and music made this show much more exciting for the kids! They enjoyed dancing to the music, and the many flips and twists that Shamu did. Shamu Rocks, totally rocked!

The second reason we went back that evening, was so that Addison could see the fireworks. She had never seen them, and Stephanie was so excited that Sea World had a show for her to watch. While Stephanie said she had had slept thru 4th of July in Utah due to exhaustion, I claim she slept thru it because she knew the Shamu fireworks would be better the Aunt D. She and Drew had a great time watching the fireworks show. They both smiled and laughed their whole way thru it! Much like the Shamu shows, I enjoy watching their faces during the fireworks, as opposed to the fireworks themselves. My poor sweet Nathan has the most sensitive ears, and ends up holding his hands up to his ears to enjoy the fireworks. He truely enjoys the bursts of colors, but cannot stand the loud noises. I spent much of the show holding him, and helping him cover his ears. I couldn't help but think while holding him, "If only I can help protect him from all of the other things will hurt him as easily as this." I have often been told that as they grow, so do our children's problems. For right now, it's fixing ouchies, and telling him to be kind and respectful. Not too much longer, and his growing pains of life will be much greater and more painful. It was a precious night, and a great experience to have protecting my boy and experiencing the show with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment