One of our Fall events for Moms4moms included a fun family outing to Green Meadows Farm. It was one of the field trips I remember taking as a child, so I knew that the boys would enjoy the trip. Since it was a 'family' trip, I knew that having Dan with me would surely help all of us enjoy the trip. Something about those extra hands and stern voice come in handy on trips like these. It also allowed me to get many pictures of the boys experiencing the animals.
I am not sure who was more excited about the pony rides, the boys or I. At the Fall Festival at church the line was too long for the ponies so I was estatic for the boys to have their first opportunity to ride a pony shortly thereafter.
One of the most hilarious aspects of the trip was vising the various pens filled with ducks and chickens. In each pen, it was as if the dads were out to see who could catch the first bird for their child to pet. It was histiracle to see them squatting/running around chasing these animals with their arms out. The best part of it was when several moms, including a 7th month pregnancy woman, caught the animal before the dads did!
Nathan's favorite part of the Farm was the goat pen. He loved the goats, and didn't appear to be afriad of them. It was one of the few animals he enjoyed feeding and touching! 

No comments:
Post a Comment