This time last year, sweet baby Keira was just entering the world and meeting her parents! We were so excited for them, and thrilled to celebrate her first birthday with them - on Halloween. Michelle had made such adorable invitations with the Nursery Rhyme theme. I still don't have the heart to throw it away, much like the other hand made creations Michelle makes....they stay tucked away in hopes of being able to recreate it someday!
All of the birthday party attendees were dressed in Nursery Rhyme gear - Little Miss Muffet, several Itsy Bitsy Spiders, Peter Pan, and Keira in her birthday tutu! They were all precious and had a blast with Kindermusic on scene!
We had a great time dancing, signing, and playing with our kiddos - and wishing Keira a Happy 1st Birthday! Michelle didn't leave a single detail untouched - complete with Humpty Dumpty Egg Salad, 3 Pigs in a Blanket, and twinkle twinkle PB& J star sandwiches! Everything was wonderful, and the kids had a blast!
We were able to come home just in time to take quick naps, and then head out to our Halloween party at the Welds. We enjoyed a fabulous dinner with several families, and then had fun dressing the kids up for trick or treating together!
As we tucked the kids into bed Halloween night, I asked Nathan what he would like to thank God for that day. He wasn't quite sure so I probed just a little asking him if he liked being "Buzz Lightyear." I was quite shocked by his response, that No, he didn't like it - he just liked being Nathan. It was so sweet! I couldn't help but love and kiss him enough - and tell him, "Yes, I like you being Nathan too."
No comments:
Post a Comment