









We finally made it for portraits! It's been quite some time since I've taken the kids for portraits, and the chaos of Christmas surely didn't put me in the mood for a big family photo shoot. Who wants to see Dan and I anyway, right? We stay the same, or at least don't change for the better year over year. It's the kids that change, which is the whole point of pictures - to document the changes of their physical appearance. Although, as I now ponder this, I can't help but think that these pictures not only portray the boys' physical appearance, but also their personalities as well. You can't help but notice their mischievous grins, and the way in which Drew cut his eyes at the camera. Take a look at the first picture, who is wrestling with whom? Yes, that's Drew on top of Nathan. And then another where Nathan is completely engaged with the photographer and is in full 'monster' mode. Yes, these photo shoots are much more than a documentary of their physical appearances, they are memory makers of their personality and how these two spuds interact with one another at each given stage. While they are precious now, at the ages of two and four, I am curious to see what next year's pictures tell us about who they are, and who they are becoming.
No comments:
Post a Comment