Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The apple doesn't fall far....



I knew this day would come.....the day where Nathan thought he could defer the pain of the paddle by stuffing his pants with tissue, or placing books in his pants, or as he chose - putting on every pair of underwear he owned on. Yes, the day had come!

I was so thankful Dan was home to view this as well, because, like all children disciplined with the paddle, we all try our own variations of lessening the pain. Whether if it's the above mentioned methods (so tried by both mother and father), we never want the consequence of our actions to hurt us. We all try to avoid the pain. I couldn't help but think back to Adam and Eve. What did they do as soon as they sinned, the hid. They tried to avoid the pain of the consequence....and so the cycle continues. They say the apple doesn't fall far...

No comments:

Post a Comment