Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spring at Disney

Admist all the chaos of our move to Colorado, I so desperately wanted a day to escape reality and just be a family. For weeks, or what seemed like months, we were scrambling from one event to the next, and making trip after trip to the airport to pick up daddy or grandma, or some type of reinforcement for mommy. During times that we were at home, we were scrambling to organize and pack. Life feels as though it is constant chaos.

In the last four years, we have come to love all that Orlando has to offer. Growing up just an hour from the tourists traps, I was never fond the amusement parks and tourist scene. Now, more than ever though, I have come to adore it. I can almost say that I'd love to have four little mouse ears on the back window of my car. (Those who know me best, know I would never put a sticker on the back of my car). There is nothing like the magic of Disney, and the thrill of seeing your children see their favorite characters or enjoy a ride on Dumbo. Somehow, all the nights of fighting at dinner and spanking them to stay in bed seem to disappear, and you can really enjoy your children, and be a child with them. It's truely makes for a magical day!

So it's no wonder, admist the chaos, that we wanted a magical day to be a loving happy family again! We were so blessed to have some friends of ours sign us in as their guests, and we were able to enjoy one another and be kids with our kids! While it was hot, and the lines were longer than we would have liked - we had a fabulous day!



Each time we come to Magic Kingdom, I have to get a picture of the boys in this cage -
it is just too fitting!


Drew's picture on the way to Mickey's house, and on his favorite ride - "the tramp."


Daddy and Nathan their favorite ride - Dumbo!


The boys waiting for the parade. Little did the biggest boy know, that he would be called out into the street to dance with the performers! Yes, I have it on video!
I will definitely try to upload soon!


Momm and the boys, in her favorite picture-taking spot!



We were fortunate enough to go during the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. We were able to enjoy all of the beautiful flowers and even a butterfly garden!


Nemo - the first ride of the day, and the prize winner, for the no-wait-in-line-ride!



The boys in front of the"golf ball"

No comments:

Post a Comment