Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pool Time

It's pool time!! Yes, the kids and I are so excited that we can start our daily swims again. We are trying to soak in all the water we can before the move to the desert, a.k.a. Colorado Springs takes place. This is one thing I will definitely miss about our summers, albeit scorching hot, but full of fun in the water!

It has been so neat to watch the kids re-enter the water for the season. At the end of last season they were doing so well. Nathan was swimming on his own, and could go across the pool without taking a breath. Drew was comfortable in his 'Super Suit' and confident in his swimming with it on.

Nathan jumped in as if he'd done in yesterday and swam immediately. He definitely lacked the stamina he had from last year, but I have no doubt that'll return with time.


Drew was unsure of himself for the first 2 days, and had forgotten to keep his mouth closed while swimming. These picture capture it best. He is so happy to be in the water that he can't keep his mouth closed from smiling. I couldn't resist taking hundreds of pics of his sweet little smile. It's absolute JOY on his face to be swimming and I wish the pictures could capture just half of that.


Trying to keep his mouth shut...


Trying some more, but starting to have too much fun...Can't help but smile at this point....


Pure and utter joy, and mouth is wide open and full of water!
Next proceeded the choking and spitting, I'll spare you from those pics.


AH! Back again to that adorable smile, this time minus the water!

Nathan's latest feat in swimming is diving. All I hear about is being a life diver. I'm not exactly sure what that is, but he is determined to be one. The only thing I can think of is he has watched the divers at Sea World dive for pearls.....who knows?! I definitely could think a lot more philosophically on that one - but that's for another post. Here are some pics of him, being a life diver.

Looking for his target....



Diving under....


And, Ta Da! I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment