We have been waiting to take of Nathan's training wheels till we came home from Florida. We were so excited that my parents were coming over for dinner tonight, and we were finally going to do it.
Nathan has always been great on riding his bike, and I knew with a little practice he could do it.
After a delicious friend chicken dinner, we headed to the park to let him has his first try. Dan took the boys' bikes in the truck, while Mom, Drew and I walked.
By the time we turned the corner to the park, I saw Nathan take off across the park - no training wheels! My heart skipped a beat. I couldn't believe it.
Dad said that the first time he took off he got it! By the time Mom and I showed up, it was his third time off and he was a pro! He still needed a little help getting started, and up the hill was a challenge for him still. He rode all over the park with a huge grin across his face. It was priceless!
Not to be outdone was little brother Drew. He had his big wheel at the park, and enjoyed whipping around the back end of it on the basketball court. It only lasted for a short while, and before we knew it he was asking to try Nathan's bike as well. Thankfully, Nathan was willing to share, and Drew got a shot at the big bike without training wheels.
No comments:
Post a Comment