Saturday, June 30, 2012

Little Baby Dressed in White

I believe I have said this many times....there are just no words.

Despite the two boys running circles around me screaming, it is quiet; it is lonely. Grief leaves a hole that no amount of distraction can fill some days.

It is empty, and lifeless, and yet some amount of life is spinning ferociously around me.

My thoughts are empty, much like my womb. There are no words to communicate the ache of a lonely mother's heart somedays.  I have no words to share, and am just at a complete loss for any real thoughts or feelings. All I know: it hurts. 

On days when the ache is louder than the life that must go on, music soothes. Music has definitely been a great medium for therapy in recent weeks and allows me to hear the One whom often seems so quiet.

"Little baby dressed in white" was written by a high school friend and passed on to me just after we lost Caleb. It gives such a beautiful illustration for me to picture on days when I miss our third so desperately. To picture him dressed in white worshiping at the feet of the King gives a peace



"Hush little baby don't you cry, Momma's gonna meet you in the sky." 


No comments:

Post a Comment