Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rejoice


The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zeph. 3:17

As a mother, there is no greater comfort than knowing God is with you. He is beside you as you rock a sleeping infant, mend a busted knee, or take the time to teach the lesson of forgiveness. He is with you when you are desperate for answers at the end of a long and frustrating day. And He will save you. Better yet during these times of nearness, He takes delight in you and your position as a mother raising a child. Just as we delight in our children accomplishing a new task such as walking, going to the potty or hitting the ball for the first time, He rejoices over and with us as we seek to teach our children of God’s love. It’s an incredible thing. 

The best part of my day, and my boys’ is that of bedtime. They ask each and every night to read a story, get one last sip of water, and to sing a song. While there are nights that reading a story cannot take place, or that last sip of water is the last ounce of strength I have for the day, there is nothing I cherish more than to sing one last song with my boys for the day. To envision that song being sung over me as a mother is a beautiful thing. I sparkle in that moment, despite my lack of ability to sing. I radiate one last ounce of love over my boys before they rest their eyes for the night. I lavish love on them thru song. And to know that my Creator feels one ounce of that for me, in my role as a mother, is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment