Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Follow me there

"Follow me there - where love like a river flows, peace like you've never known, and joy never ending lives. A place where faith can climb, and hope never dies....follow me there." Thirs Day

A wonderful friend in our small group put together two 'mix' CD's for me to listen to during various stages of grieving. One, entitled, "The girl power mix" has kick butt and take name girl songs on it, and was just I needed the other morning driving to Denver. The boys and I jammed the entire way, me driving and the boys playing various band instruments from the backseat. We had a wonderful time, and it was a glimpse of joy I needed.

As we drove home from our fabulous playdate at the musuem, and trip to Ikea, I popped in the other mix, "The God is faithful" when I'm feeling crummy and life stinks. Most of the songs I had heard before being a good CHristian girl and listening to Christian music most of my life. One song imparticular struck me, and lets just say that the boys now know every word to it, and the cd is almost worn out!


Thanks Jenny for one of the best 'grieving' gifts ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment