One of my all time favorite movie scenes is from the movie Hope Floats. Towards the end, as Sandra Bullock and Harry Connick Jr. are falling in love, they dance under these round white lights at a fair. It is so romantic and wonderful - it's been one of my dreams for as long as I can remember.
I purposely have not shared that with my husband, for fear that he might try to reenact it - and it not be done justice. WELL, it happened, not the way I originally dreamed, but it happened! Over the last 2 weeks Dan and I have been painting and redoing our porch. Sunday night as we were putting it back together, we pulled out the lights we had gotten and strung them up. As the sun went down, Drew got fussy. I know, I know, that's nothing new! Well I was holding him and slowly rocking back and forth, and realized that I was standing on our porch, under the lights, listening to music dancing with my son. While it was not the dream that I always envisioned, it was so much better!
Thank you Lord for my boys! Thank you that they do get fussy, and I am forced to stop in the middle of the day and give them my undivided attention. Thank you for the quiet peaceful moments I get to hold and cherish them. Thank you for giving me your best, and not what my heart desires!
No comments:
Post a Comment