Each evening when Dan comes home from work there is a evening routine. It begins the second Nathan hears the phone ring. He knows it is Daddy calling to say he is on his way home, and then asking if there is anything he can pick up - like dinner. Several minutes later Nathan will rush to the window seat to wait for the car, and the sound of the garage door. Sometimes he'll sit and wait the entire 20 minutes and other times he gets distracted by the chaos of cleaning up the toys and cooking dinner. Then, the garage door goes up, and he runs as fast as those little legs will carry him to the back door. If I am fast enough we can make out the door, so Nathan can greet his daddy at the car. It's a special treat for them both I think....He lives for daddy to come home, and so do I! That's my partner, the love of my life, and my help mate!
From there Nathan is at his daddy's side and even in between us as he kisses me hello - which he always does! (I am not allowed to use that word very often, except in this case) As Dan sits down, Nathan is waiting....waiting to help daddy take off his big boots. This usually requires some help, but he tries with all of his might to pull them off. He is then very proud at his accomplishment and struts off to put them away. It is a great sight as the boots are probably half of his weight, and a quarter of his height.
Unlike generations previous, Nathan likes to hear the sound of Dan taking off his belt. This is viewed as another toy, not a scare tactic or discipline tool. On this night, I was able to capture the fun of trying to be just like dad, belt and all.....
No comments:
Post a Comment