While in Ohio last month, I found the cutest children's Bible for Nathan. I was so excited to find one, that I thought he might actually understand and enjoy. I also thought that this would help the, "Mommy, please read one more book?" question. If we have one story to read a night out of his Bible, that's it and we're done!
He's favorite story so far has been baby Moses in the basket. It's so sweet! There is a flap on each page, and he loves to sneak a peak underneath before the story is over. Almost every night he asks to see baby Moses laying in the basket. It's a great opportunity for me to then retell the story.
Well almost 30 pages later, we've read through the Bible! Who knew it could only take a month of bedtime stories?! Tonight we reread the Last Supper, and then the Resurrection. (Yes, I was soft tonight and read 2 stories) The last paragraph then tells that Jesus lives in heaven, and watches over us. He also is able to live in our hearts. At that point, Nathan put his hand on his heart and said,"Jesus lives in my heart?" It was precious. He then pointed to Drew's room and asked if Jesus lived in Drew's heart. My heart melted. He then asked about Uncle Greg (who has been at the house the last 2 nights). We then proceeded to go through the entire family and say that Jesus lived in their hearts and watched over them. It was a priceless moment! I can only hope and pray that his heart is that tender for the rest of his life!
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.