Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A baby changes everything....


Yes, it is a true phrase. A baby definitely changes everything. As previously posted, our trip to Colorado was definitely eye opening to both Dan and I.
For the last several years we have both always thought about the "what if we didn't have the boys." We would constantly think of the things we could be doing if we didn't have them. Yes, we love and adore them, we just sometimes wished they would have waited another decade to arrive.

I think that the combination of our summer vacation to Panama City Beach and our trip to Colorado helped put things into perspective for both of us. Both of these trips would have been much more of a vacation without the two little ones, yet not nearly as enjoyable. Dan and I are definitely not the type that want our kids around us 24/7. We love our space, and enjoy our time away from the boys so much. I am not sure if that's just because we are so in love with each other - and the boys definitely distract us from ourselves. Yes, I understand this to be the definition of selfishness. We want each other, and don't always want to share!

Yet, to watch the boys interact with their father is miraculous and spectacular and all other positive adjectives one can think of. It reaches a part of me that being just Dan's wife could never be touched. Only being Dan's wife and the mother of his children is this area of my heart able to be sparked. It's amazing, and I am continually thankful to my heavenly father for walking me thru this journey a decade earlier than I would have planned!

As we returned from our trip to CO I heard that Faith Hill released a Christmas album, Joy to the World. She is one of my all time favorite musicians and I couldn't wait to hear it! As I did an initial search I was thrilled to see that one of the songs was written into a book, A Baby Changes Everything. I was even more excited when I found the video and songs on U Tube. This song is perfect for Christmas and speaks to my heart each time I listen to it.



Faith's Hill, A baby changes everything

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read your blog in FOREVER. I have a thing that tells me when people have updated their blogs, and mine said you hadn't blogged until today...clearly NOT true! I"ll just click your name more often to see if you are still alive! Great pictures :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so I cheated. I've been writing in the wee morning hours, and was to afraid to post until I had edited them without a sleep deprived mind.

    ReplyDelete