This year we put it up on Saturday evening and actually managed to do so with minimal squabbling. I guess after five years we've finally figured it out. Dan puts up the tree and lights, and then I come behind him and fix the lights and put up the ornaments. It works out perfectly!
It dawned on me halfway through the decorating process that I would not be able to see the boys reaction to the tree. I was so bummed! I work on Sunday mornings and am out the door before they're awake. That was the sacrifice I was going to have to make this year.....
My wonderful husband thought ahead though, and purposefully left the lights off when the boys woke up on Sunday morning. While they saw the tree, they didn't see the sparkle and the lights. When we got home from church the boys went straight to bed for naps. When they awoke, Dan then plugged in the lights and I was able to witness their awe and excitement over the beautiful tree. What a spectacular site!
I have to wonder if this is the same excitement that the shepherds and the wisemen experienced on the night the angels visited them? The excitement that something wonderful was happening, or about to happen. What is there about the sparkle of lights that add excitement to any event? God must have known that this type of sparkle would be used for years to come! What a wonderful thing to see it thru the eyes of my children!
No comments:
Post a Comment