It is never too young to start sharing the Truth with your children. I was so touched by a situation that happened last night as Nathan and I were driving home from Sams.
Dan has been home sick the last few days, and I have been trying to keep the boys out of the house, so I took them shopping after their naps. I typically never do this as there is lots of traffic, people and chaos added to the constant chaos I have while shopping with 2 boys. As we were coming home it was dark, and there were so many pretty Christmas lights to look at. I purposefully drove around 2 neighborhoods just to enjoy the moment.
One house had a nativity sitting out front and Nathan commented that baby Jesus was crying. I asked him why he thought the baby was crying, and he said that the baby had just gotten a spanking for not obeying. (Hm, I wonder why he would think that?!) It was the perfect opportunity to explain to him that Jesus always obeyed and never got a spanking. I had to repeat it several times, and I think he understood, but it was just a reminder to me of our wonderful Lord and Savior. He came to earth as a baby, perfect and without sin. How real that is to me now that I have a child, who very much as a sin nature. It also was a great reminder to me, born into sin, but now made whole because He came to earth for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment