Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Drew's first birthday

On Tuesday we celebrated Drew's first birthday. After a long day of playing at Garden of the Gods we came home to have cake and open presents. In hind sight, this probably wasn't the best idea. The poor kid was so tired from trying to keep up with Grammy and Pop pop, and big brother Nathan that he wasn't in the best of moods to celebrate.

It was very special to celebrate his first birthday at my parents house. We were able to put him in my old high chair, and use the cake pedestal that my sister and I used for our birthday cakes as a small child.Before I had children these sentimental things would have been meaningless to me. Now, as a mother, I could cry just to think about how special Andrew's first birthday was.

The birthday cake was not a big hit. Drew is skeptical of all food in general, so when this food was blue, with fire on top, he wasn't real keen to get try it. Dan tried to put a little on his lip, but it didn't take. The only thing that did intrigue him was the candle; which he burned himself on. (See the series of pictures below)

Needless to say, when we tried to redo the whole birthday cake scenario the night after, it still wasn't a go. I'm afraid that this kid is permanently turned off of cake, like his Aunt Beth!

No comments:

Post a Comment