Friday, January 9, 2009

The cross

On my way to church each Sunday morning I am greeted by a beautiful cross. I have caught it on occasion as the sun rises, and am continually reminded of my Jesus who died for me. It is a great reminder of why I am headed to church at 6:30am, why I stay up to ungodly hours to work on curriculum for the small children of our church, and why I leave my husband to get the kids ready for church by himself on Sunday mornings.

As I was on my way to a church meeting at night this week, I caught it while the sun was setting. I couldn't help but pull over to take a picture of this beautiful sky that God created for me!I had just gotten off of the phone with a friend who has experienced a miraculous brain surgery, and complete healing over Christmas. As I was rejoicing over her healing, and the conversation we had just had, I turned to see this site. "Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice" echoed in my ear and I couldn't help but do just that - Rejoice!
God is good, and I am blessed!

1 comment: