Have you ever had a great idea, and then after the fact realized it wasn't so great? Well this afternoon I experienced this very thing. Drew had cried constantly for the last two days and I was at my wits end. Nothing I seemed to do have appeased him, and I thought that I'd rather listen to anything than his crying. Well, as it turned out, I'd rather listen to just about anything, but not quite ANYTHING.
I had this miraculous idea to give both boys some wooden spoons and bowls to bang on. This usually keeps them occupied for some time, and I thought would be wonderful in comparison to the previously mentioned noise - Drew screaming. Boy was I wrong! I guess it has been some time since we have had the bowl band out, and now I remember why! It was so loud and noisy I thought that I would lose it. It almost made me grateful for Drew crying. The sad thing was, they enjoyed it so much I couldn't resist but let them bang away. So I poured myself a glass of wine, closed the glass doors to the patio, and watched from the outside!
No comments:
Post a Comment