Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Drew, Drew

I realize that the majority of my posts have been about Houdini #1. Most recently Houdini #2 has emerged and he has me scared. If you have read previous posts, Houdini #1 constantly amazes me with his ability to find trouble. His younger brother, Houdini #2, has obviously been observing the last 12mos, and taking notes! At 12 mos old he is into more trouble that #1 ever was. He is picking things up much faster that Nathan ever did, and is a climber!

Yesterday I was in the living room and heard the bathroom sink on. As I bolted for the bathroom I began to say, "Nath aaaaa - Drew?" Yes, Drew was sitting in the bathroom sink, with the water running. How in the world could he do that I thought. So I plopped him down, and in less than 5 seconds he was up on the toilet, on the tank and then stretched over to the countertop. Amazing for a 1 year old.

Drew is also talking and communication much more effectively than Nathan did at this age. At a year he is saying, Ma ma, Da da, Ba ba for bottle, Bye bye, Na na for Nathan, No for NO, and HA for hot. The later, hot, has because his favorite as he knows if something is hot he has to blow on it. Yesterday, he literally went around all day touching things and saying, "hot," and then blowing on it. It was too cute. Although, it scares me because clearly he doesn't know the meaning of hot. He definitely should though as he learned it by burning his finger on his first birthday candle.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Derika, you are going to have your hands full! Not that you don't already, but I think it may only get worse as they both get older. Don't worry, I will still babysit despite how adventurous they become!

    ReplyDelete