The last few weeks Dan and I have started bike riding with the boys. I have absolutely enjoyed out time together and the conversations we are able to have while riding. One conversation that I bring up each bike ride is that God made the trees, the grass, the clouds....ect. It's wonderful while we're riding the trail to enjoy God's creation. I want to instill that in Nathan and Drew as early on as I can.
God has been a difficult concept for Nathan to grasp. From early on we have sung, "Jesus Love Me," and talked about Jesus. We did just celebrate Jesus' birthday too. So, he has had a difficult time understanding that God has created him, and is Jesus' father. Today I think he finally got it.
While we were driving in the car I asked him who made him. After some discussion he finally answered, "God." So then I asked him who made Drew and he answered correctly again. As we proceeded through the rest of the family he continued to answer, "God," until we got to Grandma. When I asked him who made Grandma his response was, "Santa."
I guess Grandma is sweet like Santa, and did bring presents. Not a whole lotta difference in his mind!
Oh to be in warm sunny Florida...we have had sleet and slush and cold and wind and no good snow...hmmmm :o)
ReplyDelete