Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Andy Climber

Yes, Andrew's middle name is now climber. He is a perpetual climber and it drives me nuts! I cannot possible keep a close enough eye on him throughout the day to ensure his safety. Every 5 seconds he has scaled another countertop, couch, bed, footstool, table, or even toilet! He's incredible - and fast!

This week the boys started going to a sitter two days while I try and complete my thesis. By the second day Drew had a nickname from the sitter's 10 year old daughter - Andy Climber. Even they cannot believe how fast he is at 14mos. (She has raised 5 kids so her comments are credible and not those of a bragging mother).


There are some days that Drew is more of a handful than Nathan. I know that must be hard to imagine, but I am convinced that Drew has spent the last 14 mos. taking notes from Nathan and contemplating how he can improve upon them. He gets an A+!

Now the sitter has her hands full with both of the boys, yet has had no problems controlling Nathan. She said they had an early battle of the wills the first day, and he was so sad to loose. Ever since things have gone remarkable well. I am still referring to it as the honeymoon period. Each afternoon I do get an email update, and it usually has me in stitches. The second day she wrote that "the honeymoon continues and it has been a flawless day. Nathan did ketchup the dog and Koolaided the floor - but he's good with a Clorox wipe." I laughed so hard and was thankful to hear the she has a great sense of humor. Anyone watching my boys has to!

1 comment:

  1. I know they kept me on my toes the other night, but I didn't mind because I love those boys!

    ReplyDelete