Saturday, February 7, 2009
Good 'ole Mulberry
On Friday, Dan decided to take the day off and enjoy time with the family. Not wanting to stay at home, for fear of the "honey do list," we escaped to Mulberry. It was an absolutely wonderful day to spend outside and with good friends. Dan and I needed it immensely, and loved being away from the computer and phones!
The entire drive there all Dan could talk about was starting a fire. It was actually quite cool that day, so a fire sounded very inviting. I don't think we were out of the care 5min before Dan was at the pit starting a fire! He was in heaven. Poppa Carrol had smoked some ribs that morning, so the smell was delicious as soon as we arrived.
We spent the entire day out by the fire. Sharon and I chatted away, the men stared at the fire, and the boys played in the dirt! It was fabulous. Because their garden is closed in, I didn't have to talk or reprimand the boys once about getting into trouble. You can tell that being outside is their natural habitat, and it was wonderful to allow them the freedom to play, play, and play some more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment