Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pancake Saturday


My mom had bought pancake molds from Williams Sonoma for the boys and brought them down this weekend. They were so cute and we had the best time making them. I know that we will get many years of great fun from them! Thanks mom!

This was our first attempt at making them with the Graham Cracker Pancake mix, so they aren't the prettiest, but I couldn't resist posting the pics we did get!

When Dan and I first got married, almost 6 years ago, Uncle Joe asked us what family traditions we were going to start. Needless to say we didn't have an answer, and while I don't think he was looking for one, he sure put the thought in our heads. Still unaware of what traditions we should start, I was intrigued by the answer of many of my classmates in Sunday School. Each Sunday we would all go around and answer questions regarding our rearing and the traditions that we experienced. So many of them remembered their special Saturday mornings breakfasts with their families. So began the Hacker Pancake Saturday tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment