Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snowmobiling





Last year when we all flew to Colorado for Christmas, snowmobiling was on my list of things to do. I was sorely disappointed when it was too cold for us to attempt it. With the boys at home this trip, I knew that this would be a perfect opportunity for us to go! It also would make for a wonderful birthday present!

Little did I know, that there is no such thing as too cold, or too much snow for snowmobiling. this morning, when we headed out it was fifteen degrees and a complete white out. To say that I was a little nervous about the conditions we would be snowmobiling in, would be an understatement.

When we arrived, we geared up - and received a short little five minute instructional period and then were off! I was suprised at how quickly I picked it up, and how much fun it was. Dan and I headed up the back of our group, and had an incredible time taking in the beauty of our surroundings. With all of the fresh new snow there was lots of powder (six inches or so), and plenty of untouched snow all around. It was absolutely breath taking!

We went out on about a forty minute trail ride, followed by a thirty minute free for all in an open meadow. Our guide had given us a nice circular trail to follow around the meadow and most of us stuck to that. Dan and a few other guys went all over the place. Feeling a little daring on my birthday, I headed into the center of the meadow as well, only to bury myself and snowmobile. Thankfully the guide and Dan were able to dig me out.








Our guide - stuck in snow taller than he and the sled.







My attempt at a snow angel - in 6 inches of fresh powder.
Not the smartest thing in the world, but oh so fun!







Standing on the Continental Divide.

As I stated the views were absolutely spectacular the entire trip! I was so thankful our guide stopped to dig people out, so that I could just snap as many pictures as I could. Here are just a few of my favorites. Words cannot even begin to describe the beauty that was out there - other than the lines in the hymn, "He washed me as white as snow." I now have a true visual of that level of beauty and perfection.















No comments:

Post a Comment