Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Just in Time

I as so thankful I had read this blog post the other day. Entitled, "What happens when you die, mommy?" the title alone caught my attention. No sooner had I read it than I knew God had placed it in in front of my eyes for a reason. The information contained in the email would help me be better equipped to answer my own boys' questions. Much like the author of the blog, I knew this question was coming, I just didn't know when, or from which boy.

One of the boys were going to inquire about death, and specifically the death of mommy or daddy. After just loosing brother Caleb, I knew the question had to be in their minds about the death of other family members that they love, and more specifically, the family members who take care of them day in and day out.

This morning Drew curled up on my lap on the bar stool (not really as comfortable as you might think), and asked THE question, "Mommy, what happens if you die?" Yikes, there is was, not even 24 hrs after I had read that blog. Thank you Lord for the answer, because these days I don't have the brain cells to come up with an answer as good as the one I had been prepped with.

While I knew the jist of the answer, I was so incredibly thankful for being prepare to answer the question fully. While Drew wasn't quite ready for the long answer I felt as though I was able to give him more than the typical heaven answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment