Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Little Houdini

Yes, this is Nathan's new nickname. He can escape just about anything. Anyone who has been with me to a playgroup outing, or has watched him for any length of time knows this. The first thing you look for is all possible outlets, and second, where the locks are.

Well, I thought I had all basis covered in the house, but found out otherwise.During naptime last week I went to check in on Nathan to find him playing. Not that that is a huge surprise, but as I went in to spank him I very carefully shut the door behind me so his scream wouldn't wake up Drew. After I spanked him, held him, and then put him back in bed I went to leave, and found myself locked in. (We had switched the locks so he couldn't lock himself in)I jiggled and yanked on the door, and it wasn't going to budge. Hesitant to show Nathan what was possible, I unlocked his window and climbed out. Feeling quite foolish, I went in through the garage and proceeded to go unlock his door. Wouldn't you know it, Little Houdini was standing in the middle of the living room?!?! I have no idea how he got out, but he did! Don't put anything past this little two year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment