Can the world handle another little Hacker? According to papa Hacker, the answer is NO. But some days, it is up for debate?! Well, today I had a trial run. Yes, 3 little boys under the age of 3. All I can say, is I have lived to write about it.
A friend from church is a foster mom, and had surgery this week. I offered to help her out with her newest addition: a 6 week old little boy. While he is struggling with withdrawls from the drugs his mother was on, he still is so precious. Precious, innocent, and sweet. As a mother of 2, I cannot begin to fathom leaving a child in the hospital the moment he is born. For his sake, I'm glad she did. Now he has a mother who can take care of him properly, and love on him. It was a joy to take care of him even for one day!
My day with the 3 boys went surprisingly well. I had cleared the day of any and all tasks, so I could try to maintain some semblance of peace. I was actually able to complete many tasks, and still have time for school work with Nathan. Today we created the letter Bb - butterfly. He was not in the mood to paint, but he did love the pretty butterfly stickers. He loved them so much, he wanted to put them all in the same spot. Of course, mommy couldn't handle it, so I quickly moved them when he wasn't watching. It's amazing how those butterflies can move!
Lunchtime did prove to be challenging. I was very thankful Drew could hold his own bottle, as all three wanted to eat at the same time. Poor Nathan drew the short straw and had to wait. Two bottles later and two happy boys later, mommy and Nathan were able to scarf down some quick grub.
Of all three boys, I thought the younger two would pose the most problems. Boy was I wrong! I had prepped Nathan to be my big helper for 2 days, and he wasn't the greatest asset to the team today. He definitely used every opportunity to take advantage of mommy not paying attention! I believe that there was at least 1 incident in each room of the house, including the laundry room. From bath soap to laundry soap, cheerios and baby powder the house was a disaster, and I couldn't keep up with him fast enough.
So, the answer to the number 3 question??? NO! Not because I don't want one....but for the sake of the other two I already have. They are a handful in and of themselves, and I've already got a monumental job ahead of me!
I was wondering where this was leading to...It was starting to sound like you were actually considering baby #3!!!
ReplyDelete