That was Nathan's song yesterday during the naptime battle. Although, it wasn't him taking one for the team. It was teddy. Yes, that's right. At the age of 2 1/2 he's already blaming someone else for his wrong doings. Who can say we are born innately good? I didn't teach him that!
I have to admit that I thought it was a teachable moment, so I played along with it. He of course got out of his bed, and knew he was going to get a spanking. As he ran back to his bed, he said it was his teddy bear that got out of bed, and needed a spanking. So, I talked to the teddy just like I do Nathan, spanked him, and the coddled him. I then had Nathan coddle him, and place him in bed next to him.
As I left the room I thought, Wow, this might really work! Yeah right, 2 min. later he was out again claiming teddy made him do it, and he needed another spanking. Momma wasn't going to play this little game anymore, so off to give another spanking on that sweet little tooshie. Oh how it breaks my heart! Better now than later, I have been told!
Lord, please give me the strength and discipline to be consistent. Help Nathan to know that I love him, and am training him for God's glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment