Saturday mornings have recently become my favorite day of the week. This could be due to the fact that it is the only morning we are all home together, or the fact that Dan is home to help me out with the boys!
After listening to several women reminisce about their Saturday morning rituals when they were children, I decided to make our Saturday mornings something for our boys to remember. I have a horrible memory, and struggle to remember even the biggest milestones in my childhood, so I am trying to create as many 'traditions' as possible. It's even funny to use the word 'tradition' as not long ago I was asked about the traditions Dan and I were going to have with our family. Not sure of a response, I dodged the question. I am now aware of how important traditions are. For it is these moments that I hope our boys will remember.
The monthly favorite for Nathan is pancakes. So each Saturday morning I have been waking up with the boys and making yummy cinnamon and brown sugar pancakes. As it is Dan's only morning to sleep in, he typically emerges just as they are finished (8am). It is such a treat to have breakfast all ready for my boys, and sit down to a nice breakfast. We have so many fun times and memories around our table that each opportunity to do so is precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment