Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Old MacDonald had a farm




If I'd only known this song was Drew's favorite 8 months ago, I could have saved him many tears, and me many long nights! It's amazing to watch it work, but as soon as he starts crying and you sing, "Old Mac Donald" he stops! There are times I'll go through every animal I can think of just to keep him happy, and me remotely sane. I have tried all songs, (B-I-N-G-O, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle, twinkle little star) and it only works for "Old MacDonald."

Well the other night my sister was on the way home with us from the outlet malls. It was much past Drew's bedtime, and being the wonderful mother I am, I forgot the formula. So it was not the most pleasant car ride home. About 10 min. from the house I remembered Old MacDonald. So, my sister and I broke into song. It was hilarious! From cows to sheep, and even an ostrich, these tone deaf sisters sang their hearts out. Nathan was so stunned, he couldn't even sing. The next evening we snapped a picture of one of the cute little farm animals, a cute little froggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment