Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chocolate for breakfast, and trouble with the Big Big House

One of the biggest problems we are having with our new Big Big house, is that there are too many places for little boys to be out of my sight and abilty to hear in! With three levels, there is high probability that the boys will be on a different level than I am. It's quite frustrating. While I am running to from floor to floor on any given minute so are the boys - and we're usually going in opposite directions huffing and puffing in this high altitude. I could have only hoped that the high altitude would slow them down, unfortunately it's only slowed down mom and dad. AND, to make matters worse, when we do reach sea level again the boys will be able to go super sonic because of all of this high altitude training. UGH!

We have tried a couple solutions for this problem, but have not had a single one work as of yet. We have managed to place certain toys on certain levels so that no matter where the boys are there is something for them to play with. Somehow, they would rather play with the things that are not theirs, and items that they get in trouble with if they touch. We also thought that this may help keep toys with multiple pieces somewhat organized....yeah right! As of right now there are helicopters on all three floors, there are pirate ships, castles and swords scattered abroad, and little boxer briefs can currently be found in 3 out of the 4 bathrooms. When will the madness end?

This morning was the latest episode in mommy volcanic eruption - chocolate chips for breakfast. Oh, yes, one more rule I was happy to instill, and which was broken this morning: food is only allowed on the main floor (kitchen). Ok, back to the episode. After getting dressed I heard an eery silence. As I walked downstairs to the main floor, I heard footsteps coming upstairs from the basement, and a little boy yelling, "I'm sorry." Of course, my question was, "Sorry for what?" He then proceeded to pass me an empty bag of Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chips. The chocolate smeared across his face said it all, and the big smile on the little ones face confirmed it - they'd eaten half a bag of chocolate chips for breakfast. They even had bowls. Too bad they forgot the milk, they would have then been able to have a real nutritious breakfast! Wasn't it Bill Cosby who vouched for chocolate cake as a nutritious breakfast, completing the food groups? Well, the boys halfway accomplished that this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment