Sunday morning we woke up and started a yummy breakfast (which was a bust because of learning to cook in a new oven, at a much higher altitude). When Dan came down I was so busy making breakfast with the boys that he even made his own coffee, and mine. What a dad?!
Feeling so bummed about our anti-climactic Father's Day I quickly scampered the boys upstairs to get dressed. They had no idea what I was going to do, but soon caught on! It was so sweet dressing them up in Dan's dress clothes. I couldn't help but talk to them about how soon they would fill those shirts they were putting on. Nathan was thrilled to think about that day as he could 'take mommy on a date, and drive.' I loved it, and want to record it, and will definitely hold him to it!
As I carried Drew downstairs ( he tripped over the length of the shirt), Nathan peeked around the corner and told Dan to close his eyes. The boys then stood there so proud of themselves for Dan to see. He was shocked! I do believe, that for a husband that can't physically cry, there was some moisture present. We took our share of pictures to document the first of many Father's Days in daddy's shirt and tie.
No comments:
Post a Comment