Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lovey dovey boys

This week we have finally turned a corner in our house, or maybe the light switch was turned on, or the sun came out - I'm not sure which of the previous statements are true, but things are finally happy in our house and it is a wonderful feeling!

It has been one month and four days since we've been in Colorado, and 24 nights we've slept in our house - and things finally seem 'normal' again. We have established somewhat of a routine and our discipline with the boys has stayed strong during this last month of 'boot camp.' I refer to it as boot camp, simply because we were laying the foundation for the new set of rules in this house, and reminding the boys of the rules that were in place before this whole 3 month transition took place. As if moving in and unpacking a house wasn't enough, we were trying to re-train our kids.

Let's just say it has been exhausting. Absolutely and utterly exhausting. There are nights that Dan and I have just crashed on the couch just for lack of energy to do anything else. Combine this with the fact that Drew is learning to sleep in a new setting (which means he doesn't sleep at all), and you have one tired mommy and daddy!

As I stated above - we have turned a corner! This week has been so incredibly pleasant with the boys. In fact, I have often wondered who they are. Have them taken over by aliens? They have been obedient and so lovey dovey! It's as if Nathan and Drew can't get enough snuggles and kisses in. They just want to please me so much, and show their affection all the time. It's wonderful! It's been a glimmer of hope that the previous 24 days of pain, suffering, nagging, and spanking have paid off. It is a ray of sunshine that I will hold on to for when 'one of those days hits.' Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment